I have been really inspired lately. I had to stop, sit and think… am I REALLY living life to the fullest? Or am I just on autopilot? Maybe it’s time you stop and ask yourself the same question. Be honest with yourself. We tend to wait around for things to happen before we start enjoying ourselves. We can end up waiting a lifetime if we are not careful. What if someday never comes? It’s time we start appreciating each day as it comes. Wake up with a better attitude. Seriously… turn that stinkin’ frown upside down. What if you could wake up every single day to a life you love? What would that feel like? What would it look like? Why not start living that life RIGHT NOW?
Sometimes we have to slow down to speed up.
Below are a few tips on getting creative with the life you are living today to make it the best one possible!
1. Buy yourself flowers. Why? Just because! I went to Trader Joes the other day and got 3 different flowers to put around my apartment. Smells so good! Did I mention they look beautiful? (This is good practice for me on taking care of living things) 😉
2. Go outside. Yes…I said it. Winter is over. Get your butt out of hibernation and soak in Vitamin D from the sun. Take a walk, go for a run, or just stand barefoot on the grass and ground yourself.
3. Paint your nails in something funky and fun that you wouldn’t normally do.
4. Give yourself a facial and makeup makeover. Putting on makeup is an art, but it can be fun. Have some friends over and get crazy girly! Try out these new spring trend colors here!
4. Enjoy a glass of your favorite wine. Sip. Enjoy. Do nothing else.
5. What’s your absolute favorite treat? If it has been a long time (use your best judgment on what a long time is to you) since you enjoyed it because you are punishing and depriving yourself, STOP RIGHT NOW! Go get it baby! Savor the smell, the flavor, the texture in every bite. Slowly. Don’t punish yourself, otherwise it will defeat the purpose and you will not enjoy anything but guilt. You will not be satisfied. You know that feeling of not getting enough? That’s where it comes from.
6. Just Be. Be here. Now. Don’t fear the future or worry about the past. That is where anxiety lives.
7. Buy yourself that cute/sexy outfit that you have been waiting to fit into. So you have to buy a bigger size than what you were hoping for. So what!? I promise you will still feel so happy and confident in that new outfit. Better than trying to squeeze yourself into something too small that you are not comfortable in or just wearing unflattering clothes because your think you are too fat to wear anything fabulous. Such bologna! (I really want to spell it bolony!)
8. Visit your local shop and pick up some candles and some new accessories you have been wanting for your home. Why? Because I said so. Just kidddinggg. Because home is where you should come to relax. Even if you only have one small room, why not make it a room you can’t wait to come home to? You create that energy and environment.
9. Indulge in that glorious hunk of chocolate. Enough said.
10. Have dinner with your girlfriends.
11. Sit on your bed or floor and close your eyes and meditate for 5-10 minutes. Don’t make rules. Just do.
12. Have a refreshing glass of water with add-ins such as fresh lime, lemon, orange or cucumber. Soooo goood!
13. Go to bed 30 minutes to an hour earlier than you usually do.
14. Wake up an additional 20-30 minutes earlier so you can take more time in the morning to get ready. When we don’t allow enough of time, we rush and our bodies feel stressed. Not a relaxing start to what could be a very productive and peaceful day.
15. Start a new book you have been wanting to read or read your favorite magazine.
16. Try a new recipe that will create balance; full of greens, protein and a healthy fat.
17. Explore new places and/or try something new. You may find a new hobby and passion! Maybe even meet new friends if you are open minded and friendly.
18. Eat slower and chew more. Put your fork down in between each bite to savor the meal or snack.
20. Smile because it’s sunny and warm. Smile because it’s raining and the flowers are getting watered. Can you say snuggle day? 😉
21. Hug your family and friends and tell them you love them and appreciate them.
The opportunities of being creative and having a fulfilling life are endless. I can go on forever but hope this gets you thinking about the little things.
Life is what we make of it. We create our reality. Truth.
I had so much fun taking these pictures!! Photography is definitely becoming another passion of mine. It’s fun exploring new hobbies.
Have fun with mason jars! They are not just for smoothies. 😉
In the comments below, please share things that you appreciate everyday or new positive actions you want to start implementing into your daily life that you have been ignoring or delaying.
Have a great weekend everyone!